Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Post 29


Started a larger scale drawing influened by The New York Trilogy.

I'm continuing to browse the AOI discussion pages for more pearls of wisdom, I think this is a really good resource and it is starting to slowly make a bit more sense to me.

The AOI have their own 'Trilogy' of books listing publishers, advertising and editorial at the handsome price of £25 each. I would definately like to buy one but am torn between editorial and publishing.

I think the important thing about the MA is the continued evaluation of my practice as an artist, and the way the research methods have informed this have been invaluable.

Brief summary from tutorial:

Interesting illustrator for text: Johnny Hannah

Need to find way of matching face with hands: one can inform the other.

Laurel and Hardy: Good movies in which to study hands.

Toby Morrison: hands.

Maurice Sendack...

..........

Prof practice

John Brown at citrus. (Publishers).

Could either send postcards or produce poster with details underneath.

Use white envelopes.

Look for potential markets.

Contacts.

What to send and show them?

Matt paper.

Set up a blog for now and include a short bit about what this image is, title etc.

Good quality paper.

Check out bikinilist

Mick Marston...?

No comments: