
The image to the left is what I called a self portrait in waiting...produced 4 years ago.' The great league of bald headed men' as a certain gurning Mark E Smith from The Fall mutters. I've joined that league and it don't feel like much fun!
Anyway, I've been messing about with the image using thumbnail sketches - putting him in his office shirt with the tie blowing in the wind etc. I've found using the thumbnails as opposed to full pages is a good way to work.
I've been thinking about the middle aged spreaders who blight the Sunday village greens somehow defying the hands of time with their Mr sheen heads...post images later...
I've also gone back to the umbrella, refeerenced so often in The New York Trilogy. I think I've actually enjoyed drawing for the first time in months messing about with composition and concepts no matter how crudely executed at the moment.
I've also started drawing men falling off logs
No comments:
Post a Comment