Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Post 50



I've been reading the poetics of space by Gaston Baechelard and look forward to spending time on the trip to peruse at my leisure. I'm feeling pretty peeved this morning...I missed a trip to see The Fall in Hull...I got the days mixed up. So back over the bridge again on the Amsterdam trip...looking forward to making a visit to the Tropen museum.

Trips abroad, to the shop, town, to college, work always leave me with a longing for the home...wherever that is. There is an interesting chapter about nests in the Poetics of space that I would like to use in the development of portfolio ideas questioning the idea of 'home', if indeed this is a relevant term to use in the Postmodern society. 'Home from home' is another interesting concept...the idea that there could be more than one....I'm well rural and plural.

Digital fish rendered in biro and photoshop. Did I need to use the text to illuminate the image of 'fish?'

The beaker takes on the form of the 'mock diagram'.' Fish sea river....rural to the city via industrialized areas...just up my street!

No comments: