


So I'm continuing to work through the dreams and have re worked and update images that I've already posted on this blog. I'm still having difficulty with the cut out text here, but I'll keep the book pretty 'loose' and open to experimentation.
The scanner has certainly opened up more opportunities for me. I remember when I got a PC around 3 years back, I'd originally created a series of ink based images but soon found it to be difficult when photographing them. Not long after I came across the wonder that was photoshop and image ready and started to re-work the majority of images produced via this medium. Now I feel as though I've got the best of both worlds!
So, I've still got to finish off the text on the tooth image and may consider some gentle photoshop manipulation. S'all gud in da hud apparently...
The latest image of 'To dream of a telescope' I start by producing an initial thumbnail, then working using ink, pen and collage. One difficulty that I found was working around my line and I still feel that photoshop is the most effective way for me to work. Although I want the book to have a tactile feel, I still think there is room for some digital intervention to tighten up the final image.
No comments:
Post a Comment