
I've been thinking a bit more about what I'm going to produce for my final project. Under Milkwood is certainly a dense text but one which I feel that I can get to grips with. I've been thinking about where to begin. 'To begin at the beginning...' Suggests a narrative, a starting point. To begin at the foundations? A modernist take over post? I really need to consider how I'll approach this project on a number of layers and levels. Perhaps to 'logical' way would be to take one character and interpret directly from the text...a purely subjective response...if indeed subjectivity is fair game with the fragmentation of the idea of the self...
I think another difficulty that I face is trying to bring some form of weight to my work when I'm engaging in a stage of learning. Therefore, I need to keep on studying the figure, hands, faces and feet.
The attached image is a collage of a print of 'To dream of the dead...'
No comments:
Post a Comment