Sunday, February 3, 2008

Post 34



I've been mulling over this artist book about identity over the past few days. I've been questioning my approach to creating sketchbook images and feel that I need to keep things fairly open at the moment. I need time to experiment prior to tightening up and trying to produce the finished article...

Do I make the book into a sequencial narrative or keep it fairly random? I could tie in elements from the NYC trilogy. I'm interested in the references made re Poe in NYC and have recently read 'The Fall Of The House Of Usher.'

I think running along in tandem with the images I produce I'll look into writing another peice of text looking at identity, somehow referencing the information gained from the research methods. Perhaps I could narrow it down and initially look within Postmodernism, although I don't think life really works that way!

No comments: