Friday, February 8, 2008

Post 36


Prof dev

I've started to rework some of my sketchbook images for my AOI portfoilo, whilst being aware of the diffrerent categories such as health, travel, social issues etc. I've taken an image from my image bank...a vinegar pot and have began to think about different contexts in which to use it.

I drew the original image whilst waiting for my meal to arrive in a pub lunch on a pensioners Tuesday. I transcribed a part of a conversation between two elderly gents one who was referencing old eye drops as being formerly known as 'rat poison'.

Notes from the vinegar institute website:

. 'The French said it succinctly: vin aigre - meaning sour wine'.

. 'Throughout history, vinegar has proved to be the most versatile of products. The dictionary defines versatile as "capable of turning with ease from one thing to another," and from more than 10,000 years ago to today, consumers continue to use vinegar in a variety of ways.'

. I could do something that references the many uses of the product.

. Emphasis on the word 'sour'...sour grapes article perhaps?

. Uses in variety of meals...particularly fish and chips seaside culture.

I feel that this way of working suits me and gets me thinking about how to make my portfolio more appealing to potential art directors.

. I also need to think about getting a website...this may take some time due to finances and strengthening of my curent body of work.

. I will get a poster made to send out to prospective clients.

No comments: