Monday, April 21, 2008

Post 57

The attached image is of the incinerator on The Isle Of Man. It was initially seem as the great blot on the landscape....just hope at least one of my postcards end up on art directors notice boards as opposed to the old chimney!
I've finally ordered my postcards and have to wait a good 14 days for the privilege of a standard order. It will give me time to look further at potential clients and to try and strengthen my portfolio prior to my mail out. It feels good to get the ball rolling at last. I'll spend some time deciding what, if anything I should put in my letter. I'll also look for some good quality envelopes, paper and address labels. Do 2nd class stamps look a bit cheap...a precursor to the art directors wastepaper basket?
I'm the only student on this years MA and have found sitting in on a recent 2nd year crit to be really insightful and useful. I've got out the collage stuff and am really looking forward to some quality studio time...need to give my work a bit more depth...

No comments: