Monday, August 18, 2008

Post 95


A bit of useful or less info here....



I do 2 -3 postcard mailshots per yeat to about 1400 contacts each time. It's good to send something perminent & most creative departments will have a pinboard full of artists cards. Postcards are one of my most effective marketing tools. Contact the art editor or the art director on magazines. They usually do the commissioning. Keep it simple. No need to send a long letter to each contact & will they read it? The work should speak for it's self. I sometimes put an A5 slip of paper in with the postcards with very short biog, recent clients & any big news, like my website being redesigned. On the postcard put your name, telephone, email & website address

I've always been torn what to put on postcards - single or multi-image?

I always do double sided cards. And if one image doesn't appeal, maybe the other one will.
Nicked this from the web....In Under Milk Wood the theme of love is very prominent. For the characters in the book it plays an important part of their lives, and adds both humour and tragedy to the play.
The interaction between married couples is one way in which Dylan Thomas adds humour to the play. It is the lack of love that is so comical. For example Mr. Pugh as he brings his wife her tea says to himself '"here's your arsenic, dear."' and throughout the play is plotting ways to murder his wife, although he never is actually brave enough to go through with his plans.
I'm concentrating on the first main conversation between Mr and Mrs Pugh.

No comments: