Monday, August 25, 2008

Post 99





I'm currently working on Mrs Pugh after deciding that recent ideas and images have been very tight. I've almost felt that any enjoyment in making images had gone. I felt that I was wrestling too much with a concept that just wasn't working and proving to be very restrictive.


I started making images of Mr Pugh on A5 using pencil and then drawing over in the rotring...still too rigid. I did another 3 or 4 images and then moved onto Mrs Pugh. I used my as a model for the body. I then cut out the figure and stuck in onto the distressed background, with the idea of the school house in mind.


Photoshop image ready....messing about with the opacity an conjunction with the lasso tools.


I may have to live with the cut paper edge around the figure - exposing this could be part of my style along with the move tool in photoshop. I think I'm going to stick with some portraits to allow myself the room to feel at ease with the book, but will continue to develop some concept based pieces through initial thumbnails.


I'll continue to work on this image, but wanted to post up the development.

No comments: