Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Post 100



Captain cat in the sea dreaming of Rosie Proburt. I started by sticking a section of an A to Z map as background. The blue block had a page number which I decided to colour fill and also seems somewhat distracting.

I started with some quick thumbnails, but decided to work more intuitively here. I found a picture in my 'morgue' of the old Chelsea football club boss Avram Grant which I'd taken from the Guardian. Most of my images come from that newspaper.

I drew Mr cat out with the rotring then pasted him into the background.

I found some paper hand towels which I stuck on top of Mr cat for the 'water.'

Then I moved from the studio to the PC and scanned the image through...manipulating In image ready and photoshop.

I've also worked into these using the opacity tool in photoshop. I want this image to illuminate the text as opposed to being something that is directly representation whilst retaining some of my looser drawing qualities, which I feel I've achieved in the latest series of images.

I found an abstract form from another image and used the cut and paste tool in photoshop. I might review this choice in another draft of the image.

I'm also unsure about the amount of fingers the ol' capt'n has, so I'll research this further...

No comments: