Monday, November 26, 2007

Post 22


I've just received my own copy of The New YorkTrilogy by post. Upon completion of the novel, I'll produce a 4th poster which I hope will give a sense of the 3 stories that it contains.
I've also been buying the Guardian and Independent every day for what I hope will be 2 weeks as suggested during a recent tutorial. I'm now starting to doubt whether I've been buying the right paper in the Independent as I can't find too many illustrations in its pages, was it the Telegraph...? I should make more notes....
The illustration to the left was inspired by a visit to Barcelona back in March. I remember Ellie and I trying to find the summit of the 'hill' that overlooks the city but we kept walking around in circles with that 'lost' feeling.
The drawing wasn't inspired by the trip at all come to think of it. Perhaps I was thinking of the 3rd passage in chapter 9 where Stillman and Quinn have their 3rd meeting on Mount Tom? Perhaps it references my time in Lincoln walking from the library to Chad in an eternal state of flux?
I hope to create one of the posters as a screen print. Photoshop certainly has its uses, but I would really like to get my teeth into making some good work whilst learning a new skill.
Right, back to Humpty Dumpty....

No comments: