Sunday, November 4, 2007

Post 17


I am Peter Stillman...I'm the other Peter Stillman.




'Lowbrow or lowbrow art describes an underground visual art movement that arose in the Los Angeles, California, area in the late 1970's. Lowbrow ia a widespread populist art movement with origins in the underground comix world, punk music, hot-rod street culture, and other California subcultures. It is often known by the name pop surrealism.' (from wikipedia).








So I take a stroll to Cleethorpes, North east Lincs to begin my quest to find the Lowbrow of this glorious seaside resort on a bright but chilly Friday afternoon...the end of October and the last day of holiday for the schoolkids.








I'm going to try and portray the 3rd and final conversation between Quinn and Stillman using Pop Surrealism as the influence. I've found the work of Tim Biskup to be very interesting and intend to research this artist further....

No comments: