
...I've been feeling like I've come to a bit of a full stop in my poster design for the NYC trilogy. Why is this? It could perhaps be down to the lack of devoted studio time over the last couple of months.
The image to the left was also produced when I went to Barcelona back in March. I sometimes feel that my more 'successful' work tends to be produced on the spot and without a brief in mind. I feel that my latest work lacks a certain degree of spontaneity...welcome to the world of illustration Mr Renshaw?
I've been collecting illustrations from the Guardian as a suggestion in a recent tutorial...to see what kind of work is being commissioned. I've kind of given up on The Independent...probably not such a bad thing anyway as there doesn't seen to be much illustration on the pages. I'm nearly at the end of the 2 week collection and have found our recycling stack has increased rapidly as a result.
Process: I began to cut out skyscraper shapes out of the newspaper. I read the text...'itten an apparentl...y letter to Abraham...he arrangement be...to distance other...om the crisis, Mend...d no one in the part use Watt had assun...was awful....'
The other side of the paper 'skyscraper' is a picture of 'Ghost moisturiser.' I had originally thought that cutting up some of the text from my Guardian collection was a bit random, thinking that the potential buyer of a book wouldn't see a connection with the text in the book. Perhaps I could photocopy some pages from the actual dialogue in chapter 9, or anywhere else in the trilogy for that matter? I must remind myself to 'post the ghost.'
I was stood at the bus stop in my village the other morning reading The Humpty Dumpty extract of Finnegans Wake before the joyous trip to my place of work. I'm thinking of it now...the verse, although I can't remember the words, gave the sense of being pushed backwards and forwards, to and fro,' almost a feeling of seasickness. The great landlord...the egg of the village.
No comments:
Post a Comment