

Working with the first conversation in mind...a drawing produced in the condensation of a glass panel. I felt that this had been the most natural feeling piece of work that I'd produced in the 'style' of Basquiat.
I was on the train on the way to Lincoln. The carriage was packed like sardines, I was standing inches from the people in the foyer to the first carriage. where does one look? I felt most comfortable trying to glimpse out of the window, my eye catching abstract hints of the countryside. I started watching the drops of water racing down the window pane like the paint on a Basquiat.
The first conversation finds the characters of Quinn and Stillman on a bench in Riverside Park. Sitllman talks about the 'world being in fragments,' and it is his intention to put it back together...' He believes that 'words no longer correspond to the world.' It is his intention to create a new language and spends time wandering the city collecting bits of crushed, discarded junk in which to put the world back together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment