Thursday, December 2, 2010

Post 6b: Fine Art Gen


I've been snowed in here in the UK due to quite extreme weather conditions. I live in a village and find it interesting that many people are spending time shovelling snow from under their vehicles. I'm not entirely sure that the people really need to do this as the roads are much too treacherous to go into town. There are a lot of people who are off work and I guess the shovelling fill a hole if you'll excuse the pun.

I'm interested in the change in the atmosphere of the village as people who are normally at work are now at home, in their driveways armed with shovels. It almost evokes a feeling of a bygone era when people used to spend more time in their rural locations. It also seems to promote the idea of the social. There is a real sense of community, people stopping to talk to one another - a commonality.

No comments: