Sunday, December 5, 2010

Post 9b: SL Installation ideas/musings


I'm conscious that i don't want my life work project to be misunderstood. Is the FL too narrow? How can I develop the project using other media? I guess to keep on adding to my list of artists could help in the evolution of the project.

Is the football element another vehicle to convey less obvious messages? I think there is certainly an element of subversion at play with my project. I suppose football is quite often seen as the anathema of art. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand. The game is traditionally of the people - but then I'm not necessarily a true supporter. How many times have I seen my team play...once?

As I continue to write I begin to question why I keep various elements of my work separate? surely, it's all good for the mix? I suppose it's still boiling down to the question of 'What am I trying to say?' I'd like to hit the nail on the head here.

Well I have interests. The collection of data. I also feel irritated at times that I don't always have the voice I'd like. I think I'd like to be more outspoken and have the confidence to really believe in my ideas and just run with them. There's just too much introspection that is really quite restrictive.

No comments: