Friday, December 3, 2010

Post 8b: SL (Real time)


An ongoing problem I have with the SL is keeping up. I need to accept that this will always be the case if I've set myself such a task. I'm about 3 years behind schedule. Is that a problem? Well, ideally it would be good to catch up, but maybe that adds to the mystique or charm?

So I catch up to the year 2010...then I could get ahead of time. It raises interesting questions all of it's own. This is an ongoing project, but the dates can be deceptive. It raises issues about the latest trend, keeping up to date. The past can often become a bit of a bug bear. Past, present and future are collapsed. I'm the author - I could change the dates to 1564 if I wish.

A date is a label - it anchors events in history. I've now started to record the statistics in sketchbooks before transcribing them on a larger format at my drawing desk. I find the portability of the sketchbook offers the possibility of working on the project in locations other than relying on the studio.

No comments: