
I'm still just getting used to the novelty of the scanner...hence the choice of choosing black and white again. This is a sketchbook image drawn with my favourite Rotring art pen. I'm probably going to go a bit scanner crazy over the next few postings. I will be really good to display images in their earlier stages before they finally, usually succumb to the spectre that is photoshop.
So back to the wheelbarrow image. I started playing around with the £ symbol...perhaps in a crude attempt to make my work a bit more commercial, although I seem to remember that there was more to it than that...
I'd been looking through the yellow pages at design to see what type of image gets commissioned...be it design, photography or illustration. I tend to go for the safe bet, the main image with a minimal background...perhaps I could try some illustration with more happening? The recent trip to Amsterdam gave me the opportunity to explore this further through observational drawing on the bus, but also drawing from photographs taken whilst I was there...
No comments:
Post a Comment