Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Post 68







Since the degree show last week I've been thinking some more about building up layers. I decided to use this in a half term kids workshop and got the youngies to think of building their pictures like making layers on a pizza - quite a good analogy. The theme of the project was loosely titled Safari and here is my example.

I produced both these images on framing backing board which I think is an approach I'll use for future collages. The 2nd pic of the plane is loosely suggesting travel. If I may be so bold as to suggest that I think working in this way is (as an MA student) ... well good.
The final image is my latest submission to 'Article.' There is some art in the park event going to take place in June...forgive my excessive use of the magical wand tool.

No comments: