
...more sketches of figures, hands etc. I've found it useful to use the 0.5mm pencil in my quest to find a 'style'.
I've been thinking quite a bit about 'signs' and differance. How is it possible to produce 'literal' or narrative illustration living in a postmodern era? This has been something I've questioned a lot as well as trying to find my own style - currently concentrating on hands, faces etc.
I've found my initial drawing for the dream book to be really quite restricting, but feel that a concentrated spell drawing figures will be of great benefit to me prior to embarking on the final project.
I think the time element of the MA is frustrating to say the very least, but know it will provide me with quite a comprehensive framework on which to develop my practice in the future. I guess I've always had a tendency to try walking before the crawl, so I'll stay on my hands and knees for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment