Sunday, October 28, 2007

Post 12


Chapter 9. Conversation 1. Stillman and Quinn.



> Painting on canvas in style of Basquiat, influenced by above conversation.


> The colours used so far...pink and brown. Why these colours? I feel that it alludes to Stillman senior, or Peter Stillman. I get the sense of something that seems ill...pink flesh with the white hair.


. Thinking about Basquiat...he uses lots of geometric forms, a framework on which to hang text, figures, scrawls amoungst other imagery.


> I've enjoyed the feeling of painting again. Its reminded me how different an experience it is compared to drawing.


> I've worked on the current work for about 2 hours and am now waiting for it to dry to move onto the next stage.


> shapes possibly ref buildings, human forms or entities...Stillman, Quinn or something else? I'm trying to work to more of a feel for the conversation...


No comments: