Monday, October 22, 2007

Post 6


Meeting with BP...touched on objective and subjective in image making.




Subjective- list of ingredients, sky, hill, sea etc.

Objective- Having real existence outside a persons mind...


Asked why I chose the image of 'Bradda Head' in The Isle Of Man. Why did I chose this particular scene? Why did I choose this image over the 1000's of others to get to be in my current portfolio?


Is it to say 'hey look at this, I can draw one hell of a hill...?'




What about the colours? Do they represent something?
Am I trying to appeal to a certain type of person? Hey, I've picked the prettiest colours in my paintpot? Why digital?


I think I used the same approach that I use when painting...intuition.




The difference between fine art and illustration...what is it?




'One basic difference, however, is that illustration must answer the core questions of who, what, when, where and why for the viewer. Gallery art, and the so called "fine art"- doesn't necessarily have to do this at all.' Exploring illustration, Michael Fleishman, Thomson.
Look at Paul Auster and 'City Of Glass.'




No comments: