Saturday, October 20, 2007

Post 5


I've been thinking a lot over the last week about whether or not I've done the right thing...I certainly hope so.


I've come across another artist who looks very interesting to me...'Raymond Pettibon.'


What I like....


repetitive marks, gestural, uses ink, non-digital, mainly black and white.


- images appear to walk the fine line of having the appearance of control as well as the accidental.


- Hand drawn text, home made quality of his 'tripping corpse' magazine. (DIY).


- Some images have the look of a 'GCSE standard' drawing, a teenage angst seems to permeate his work.


- has a feel of the American loser child (beautiful loser art).


- appears to allude to various literature and philosophy.


- text has strength in its depth. I feel that is something I would like to develop within my own work- hopefully the contextual studies part of the MA with help...


No comments: