Friday, October 5, 2007

Post 1

So what has inspired me to take embark on the MA in illustration with my fine art background?



I feel that my work has got what I would say is an 'illustrative' look, certainly more so over the last few years...with a definate departure from painting to drawing. I feel that now would be a good time to specialise as I've felt that one can feel very out of touch when operating in relative isolation, especially outside an academic setting.



I want to produce work of substance and depth, I feel that I already do so, but am determined to explore meanings and reasons for image making. What am I trying to say and to whom? I realise that there is a difference between fine art and illustration, and would hope that following the path of illustration would inevitably lend itself to my 'personal projects' as well as the potential of working to commission.



I'm excited by the prospect

No comments: